Sunday 6 April 2014

Pencil & Eraser




Pencil: I’m sorry

Eraser: For what? You didn’t do
anything wrong.
Pencil: I’m sorry cos you get hurt
because of me. Whenever I made a
mistake, you’re always there to
erase it. But as you make my
mistakes vanish, you lose a part of
yourself. You get smaller and
smaller each time.
Eraser: That’s true. But I don’t
really mind. You see, I was made
to do this. I was made to help you
whenever you do something
wrong. Even though one day, I
know I’ll be gone and you’ll
replace me with a new one, I’m
actually happy with my job. So
please, stop worrying. I hate
seeing you sad.

I found this conversation
between the pencil and the eraser
very inspirational. Parents are like
the eraser whereas their children
are the pencil. They’re always
there for their children, cleaning
up their mistakes. Sometimes
along the way… they get hurt, and
become smaller (older, and
eventually pass on).

Though their children will
eventually find someone new
(spouse), but parents are still
happy with what they do for their
children, and will always hate
seeing their precious ones
worrying, or sad.

“All my life, I’ve been the pencil..
And it pains me to see the eraser
that is my parents getting smaller
and smaller each day.
For I know that one day, all that
I’m left with would be eraser
shavings and memories of what I
used to have…”

This is to all the parents out
there…

Love You…

No comments:

Post a Comment